Good News: – To People Of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde Lifts Ban On Public Worship In Ibadan Oyo State
Seyi Makinde has lifted the ban order that was placed to stop public worship in the state taking effect from Sunday, May 24th. 2020.
In a statement given by Adeniran Adenuga, Makinde confirms that public worship can now commence as from may 24th.
He therefore shows his appreciation to Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
He expressed his gratitude to Archbishops, Pastors, Bishops, Priests, Christians of different categories, likewise the entire Muslim community for their support and for their understanding throughout the time of public worship suspension in the state.
He appreciates that the submission and cooperation of the religious leaders has helped immensely in curbing the spread of the disease.
Seyi Makinde has therefore issued the following executive orders to be observed during public worship:
1. The order suspending public worship in the state is hereby lifted with effect from Sunday, May 24th. 2020.
2. Starting from Sunday, May 24, 2020, church services are permitted but should be limited to the sitting capacity of the Church. Same applies to the Mosques.
3. Use of nose mask is compulsory for all worshipers.
4. Churches and Mosques should provide buckets for hand washing, or sanitizers.
5. Churches and Mosques are advised to strictly keep to the above instructions. The enforcement team will still go around to check compliance.